Check out past issues of Smart Writing!, SwanShadow Communications bimonthly newsletter. Its bursting with practical tips that will make you a better writer overnight. (Or at least, very soon.)
Heres what our readers are saying:
I took a business writing class at the junior college last semester and learned a lot, but I could have saved a lot of time by just
reading your newsletters! Smart Writing! is like having a little refresher course every two months. Thanks again and keep up the good work!
Marie Runge, Nationwide Insurance
- LATEST ISSUE! September 2003 (142kb PDF file) contains:
- Induction or Deduction?: The way you should approach your audience depends on how much they know.
- Format Like a Pro: Three quick tips for making your document look sharp.
- Its All About You!: Updating your resume? Keep these hints in mind.
- June 2003 (147kb PDF file) contains:
- Watch Those Word Traps: Its not just what you say. Its the words you choose when you say it.
- Enough, Already!: Editing is vital. But know when to stop.
- Three Keys to Marketing Success: Every communication needs this important trio.
- April 2003 (155kb PDF file) contains:
- Im Stuck! Now What?: Break through the writers block barrier.
- Heads Up!: Use a powerful headline to grab attention.
- Three Questions to Ask After You Write: Make sure youve gotten your message across.
- February 2003 (143kb PDF file) contains:
- Check Your Facts: Take the time to get them right.
- Consistency Counts: Its not just the hobgoblin of little minds.
- Three Things to Do Before You Write: Clear communication is organized communication.
- December 2002 (143kb PDF file) contains:
- Use the Right Tools: Six handy helpers for every writers desk.
- Got Rock?: A clever device for remembering basic grammar tips.
- Keep It Active!: Why the active voice is essential to good business writing.
- October 2002 (144kb PDF file) contains:
- Improve Your Business Letters: Five simple tips that will immediately improve your correspondence skills.
- Get Your Readers to Act: Answering the magic question.
- Why Most Web Site Content Doesnt Connect: Common online writing errors and how to avoid them.
Want Smart Writing! sent to you FREE in an easy-to-read, text-only message (no graphics or attachments) six times per year? Just e-mail us and just say, I want Smart Writing!
Back to our home page.
SwanShadow Communications. More than just ink on paper.
©2002-2003 SwanShadow Communications. All rights reserved.